During the month of July, I’m running a unique promotion: I’ll be holding a drawing for free commissioned pieces!
For more on me:
- I invite you to read my bio on my welcome page.
- Learn more about my professional composition background (including past and current commissions) on my CV.
- Sample some of my work here.
The Rules – * UPDATED 7/19/14 *
(all of which you implicitly agree to by entering this promotion)
All entrants must be of at least 18 years of age by the beginning of this promotion (July 1, 2014).
There are no residency requirements, though English language will be used exclusively.
This promotion applies only to Facebook and Twitter.
You may participate on both Facebook and Twitter (please note specific rules below) and entries will be aggregated from both networks.
Multiple entries are possible and encouraged.
I will begin counting entries as of the initial post time of this article on either network.
- You must first “like” my page
- You must like the article post. Since I will be posting this article multiple times over the month, each time you like said post counts as one drawing entry.
- You must leave a comment on the post this article appears on (and it will be posted several times over the month). Each time you comment counts as one drawing entry.
- Sharing this article to your own wall is encouraged, though, by Facebook’s own rules, I cannot count shares as drawing entries.
- You must first follow my account.
- You get a drawing entry every time you retweet a tweet of mine that includes a link to this article (I’ll be using the hashtag #FreeCommission to help you out)
- One time per day, you may create your own tweet linking to this article to receive a drawing entry. The tweet must include a working link, it must include my twitter handle (@brandonjnelson), my handle must not appear at the beginning of the tweet (otherwise only our mutual followers and I will be able to see it), and it must include some meaningful text indicating what the link is about (e.g., just tweeting a hyperlink and my handle won’t count).
The commissioned piece will range between 3-5 minutes in length.
You must publicly perform the commissioned piece no later than one year after delivery of said piece. (You must provide me with a program from said performance, either PDF or via mail).
You must provide a recording of the commissioned piece (either YouTube video or audio file).
There are no restrictions on the size of the ensemble (i.e., individual artist through full orchestra).
I do not work in the medium of electronic music.
All other aspects of the commission (e.g., style, form, title, etc.) may be negotiated between me and the winning parties.
This promotion ends at 11:59pm EST on July 31, 2014. No entries will be accepted after that time.
On August 1st, 2014, I will conduct a drawing for several winners (the final number of winners is solely my decision). I will make three good faith attempts (over the course of three days) to contact the winners. If these attempts are not successful, I will draw for entrants to take the place(s) of those not able to be contacted and will do so until contactable winner(s) is/are selected.
I will publicly announce the winner on both Facebook and Twitter.
I will transmit a commissioning contract to each winner, in essence outlining the terms already listed here. If the winner does not sign said contract within one week of delivery, another winner will be drawn to take their place.
Good luck, everyone!